Find me on Social Media
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on Bloglovin!
Grab My Button
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Wow, as I sit in front of my computer I am enjoying the second to last Friday of my summer break. Reflecting on things that I’ve done and things I thought I was going to get done is making me feel a bit nostalgic…per usual. Yep, it’s O-V-E-R! If you haven’t noticed, I have been away for awhile but I really miss writing and sharing my experiences in the classroom and the great things my students are accomplishing. So, I am back and really going to work on staying BACK. If you’re not already, be sure to follow me on Twitter at @rachealburden and say hello. I will be back to share about some upcoming speaking engagements, what is going on with my Ph.D. program and just life!
Life. It got me. It got me stuck. It got me stuck, but now I’m free! I’m not stuck, anymore. (more…)
Hey Friends!!! I know it’s been awhile, but I can tell you exactly why it’s been so long in one word- life. Life got me y’all….and it got me GOOD. If I haven’t shared before, I just started a pretty intense PhD program at University of Georgia and it’s based about 2 hrs from my house. This means drives to and from campus bi-weekly and off campus visits on the other weekends. On top of that we have intense work and home workloads and then I’m a mommy and wife too. See, I told you….life got me.
However, I’ve got some exciting opportunities in the near future and I want to share and have my blogger friends be a part of it!!!! I recently saw my blogging mentor (in my head) share that you really should find out what your reader wants and hone in on that, so that’s what we’re going to do! Ready?
Powered by Typeform
If there’s anything I look forward to as a teacher blogger, it’s the monthly Currently link-up hosted by Farley of Oh’Boy 4th Grade! Here it is folks…What I’m currently up to!
- Listening to my kiddo talk to me about his reading log. Opinions on those? It is a good motivator, but he likes to ready anywho! I like it to use as a tool for our schedule at home more than anything.
- Loving that I just got a hold of grading and finally figured out how to fix my gradebook since we recently switched to semesters in my class. It was tricky and compounded with meetings EVERY day…I finally got around to it.
- Thinking that the fact that I have about 60million pages to read this week is draining. I am into week 3 of my Ph.D. program and beginning to feel like I’m getting my butt kicked. I have to figure out a way to write down my deadlines and I did by a new Erin Condren notebook to help me out.
- Wanting Friday to hurry along since we’re headed away for our yearly family vacation. Although it’s a “vacation” it’s really a trip for our families children. We pack up about 60 people and just enjoy ourselves and I can’t complain.
- Needing every minute of the beach. I know I will end up taking homework with me, but it will be different with the ocean in the background and sand in my toes, right?
- I love goal setting and these three things I’ve been pondering as goals for my life as a whole. We have to stop and really enjoy every moment we’re given and savor the memories. In order to do this, being able to prioritize is key! While you’re at it..Smile!!!!
I can tell you now, I have failed. I have failed so many times and I’d rather not mention them. Until recently, I would have beat myself up and really just got into a rut about it-things have changed. Thanks to time, wisdom, and life experience I have learned how to fail better. I know it sounds ridiculous, because how can one “fail better”. Here’s how, own it. Admit that you have failed and simply commit to doing better. (more…)